Welcome to the Law Firm of James E. Short, PLC
If you have been arrested for DUI or any other criminal offense, you’ve come to the right place. You’ve also come to the right place for your family law and social security disability needs. I have been in practice for over 20 years and specialize in these areas.
Being a former prosecutor provides me with a unique perspective to assess your legal needs. I pride myself on being responsive to my client’s needs. I want to get to know my clients and build a long term relationship with them. As a result, my clients consistently refer their friends and business associates to me. When you set up a consultation, you will be meeting with me and not a paralegal. I practice in all local state courts and handle criminal cases in federal court.
I look forward to meeting with you to discuss how I can assist you in all your legal needs. Contact me today so that we can address how my legal expertise can benefit your case.
James E. Short has an AV® Preeminent Rating – the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell, the leading independent attorney rating entity.
Why You Should Retain Me
- Representation – You will be represented by me, an experienced trial attorney. Your appointments with be with me and I will be with you in Court.
- Small Firm Atmosphere – There is no charge for parking. There are no mahogany desks and other expensive furniture to be passed on to you through higher legal fees.
- Flexibility/Accessibility – You can either see me in my office or set up a telephone conference. Our goal is to return phone calls promptly – normally within 24 hours by myself or my legal secretary. There are three ways that I take payments: cash, check or major credit card.
- Experience – I have been practicing law since 1986 and have been in the Great Bridge Area of Chesapeake since 1998. I am an ex-prosecutor which gives me a unique perspective and is very beneficial especially in criminal cases.
- My Philosophy – I want my clients to think of me as their attorney for life. Even if you have a problem that I don’t handle, I will assess your needs and refer you to an appropriate attorney. Over the years I have fostered a relationship with other attorneys who practice in areas of the law that I do not. These are attorneys that I know personally and feel comfortable referring you to. I will make sure you are in good hands.